Blog Archive

Trampoline, or How I Became Uninsurable

Sorry for the lack of blogging.  I spent much of the weekend setting up a trampoline that my youngest girl wheedled me into buying.   Let me just say (a) stretching 90 springs is a surefire way to have really sore hands; (b) there may be a great writer out there who writes crystal clear, you-can't-screw-this-up written directions for putting together play equipment; however, I've never run into him or her.... everytime I put something together, I just factor in the "oh, fuck me" moment when I have to take it apart and start over again because Step M37  really would have been better if you'd done it before Step C13, not two hours later; and (c) it will be a miracle if my neighbor doesn't end up suing me when his third grader plummets off the thing onto his head. 

I don't know how I'll break the news to my insurance agent.  

Total Pageviews