Blog Archive

Amy Birdsong from Madison South Answers Seven Questions for Songwriters....


SEVEN QUESTIONS FOR SONGWRITERS
1. What makes you write?

my restless mind (wheels turning, lots of chatter)

2. Who is the greatest unknown influence on your music?

any and all live music

3. What is your most closeted, secret, guilty and humiliating musical pleasure?

Singing the national anthem whilst “toe-up” But thats more secret than guilty. Its one of my favorite songs to sing.

4. What established artist made you want to write songs, and why?
Hmm... thats hard. But I'll tell you what keeps me going. The Coutry Music Association Songwriter Series that are held at Joes Pub here in NYC about every 8 weeks or so. Truly inspiring. You have to check it out.

5. Advice for just-starting songwriters on establishing yourself as a woman in the industry? for the just starting ... write everything down. you never know what mutterings will turn into a song. also useful, a radio shack hand-held tape recorder. for capturing those future hits in the works! and its fun to use cassette tapes. also a heavy dose of unbridled optimism.

6. Why country?
Sometimes I wish to be a pop star and wear leotards on stage. And glitter on my face. But country is what I know.

7. Favorite backwoods expression?
Here's two... "Nuttier than squirrel shit" and "That dog wont hunt"

Total Pageviews